The view from our table, no comment on hawaiian punch in front of us. The guy in the white chef coat is Voltaggio checking out Kelly.
The sous chef working with some liquid nitrogen to prepare a dessert. This technique will be maing an appearance in the Jackson kitchen very soon.
Our starter course, this came with a nice glass of rose. From left to right - a mock oyster, a shrimp ceviche, and a fois gras macaroon. I would have walked of the meal happy if all I had was 20 of the macaroons. Ridiculous.
The first course, a sashimi of fluke salad - very refreshing paired with a gewurtziminer.
The second course, a porcini mushroom and bacon salad paired with a white wine, maybe sauv blanc, the drinks started running together pretty quick.
The third course, a rockfish over a corn salad - seriously the best piece of fish I have ever had. Paired with a chardonnay.
Voltaggio looked serious all night. We don't remember seeing him smile once. He knew he was serving two legit critics.
The fourth course, pork belly with barbequed hazel nuts. Decadant paired with a grenache from Spain.
The fifth course - lamb over cannelini beans with a succulant, creamy orzo and an awesome bordeaux.
The sixth course - we'll call it a lavender, vanilla, and cocunut snow ball. Kelly had hers with a latte and our final glass of wine for the evening - I think it was an ice wine.
The couple of the year after the amazing dinner. What an experience.


No comments:
Post a Comment