Sunday, May 8, 2011

Apple Strudel, Ice Cream and Geysers

What a weekend!
Yesterday we went down the Cathedral for the Annual Flower Mart.  The honored country was Austria, which meant beautiful dances, music and delicious apple strudel.  Natalie had fun:
This may surprise you - she likes ice cream!
Pondering how she might get more...
Maybe hugs with mama will bring more??

Checking out the fountain
(by the way... when did she become such a... kid??  sniff, sniff)

Family shot

Ooooohhhh, pretty.
As we were getting ready to leave, Elizabeth von Trapp was on stage singing Edelweiss, which is pretty cool for any Sound of Music fans out there.  That would have been the perfect exit, but I decided to one up it with my own talents.
As we were getting ready to leave, Natalie was toddling around on some grass between booths. Dave was at a booth with the stroller about 10 yards from us. I scooped her up to go towards him and tripped over something. Turns out I tripped over some kind of sprinkler/faucet head in the ground and water immediately shot up like a geyser, about 15 ft in the air, causing a huge commotion and panic by some older ladies at a table nearby. One lady yelped really loudly and Dave actually thought that was me, he had no idea that I caused the geyser.  I was laughing so hard, I couldn't stop long enough to actually be embarrassed. No one else was affected or hit by water, just me. I'm not sure why that lady yelled so loud, the noise of the geyser must have startled her. Once Dave found out that I actually caused the geyser, he busted out laughing. I'm not sure he'll let me live it down.
That, my friends, is how you make an exit.

1 comment: