It's hard to believe Natalie is 3 months. It's hard to believe we've been parents for 3 months.
From talking with other people, I think we've been blessed with a fairly easy baby. I don't like the term "good baby" because all babies are good... some are just easier and some are more challenging. So far, I think she's on the easy side and for that we are grateful! She sleeps well, eats well, smiles and laughs a lot. I hope things continue down this path.
That said... there are days that are more challenging than others! I think today was one of those days. She was in great spirits until about 5pm when pretty much all hell broke loose. We'd change her, feed her, rock her, play with her... nothing would calm her! Of course we had planned to have a nice Friday evening dinner at home... steaks on the grill, twice baked potatoes in the oven. Natalie was not having it though, so we sort of tag teamed rocking her and eating our (now) cold dinner.
So this fussiness went on for about 4 hours before we could really calm her. As I was rocking her this evening and watching her sweet, angelic face drift off to a peaceful sleep the frustrations of the day slipped away. We are so grateful for what we have and we know that tomorrow will be an even better day.


No comments:
Post a Comment