Ah, the pregnancy cravings! I guess I've had a few, but nothing too unusual. Cereal has been a big one. I guess it's good that I prefer the healthier, whole grain cereals - Total, Cheerios, Special K - that kind of thing. So not too bad, right? Sure, it might be a little unusual to have to have a bowl at 3am, but what can you do?
Then I get the fleeting cravings where I might see a commercial for something and feel like I have to have that RIGHT NOW. This mostly happened in the first trimester and it was always really random stuff. Like Totinos pizza rolls. I don't think I've ever had them, but once I saw a commercial for them, I had to have it. You better believe I was at the store the next day picking some up (Dave apparently thought I was kidding and didn't feel the need to run to Giant at 10pm on a Tuesday night). They were quite tasty, actually. Once I had them, the craving was over and I could move on with my life.
Then the evil craving gods really threw me for a loop: chocolate. Wow. I know, I know, this sounds like such a cliche, but it's really not that normal for me. Before pregnancy, I would enjoy a piece of chocolate every now and then, but it was never a big thing for me (ice cream, either, believe it of not). I like the stuff, but I rarely went out of my way to get it. If it was in front of me, one piece would more than suffice. But then Halloween started. The darn rain kept the trick or treaters to a minimum and we were left with lots of leftover candy. Suddenly chocolate never tasted so good, but I was able to restain myself still (it's been 5 weeks and we still have leftover candy). Apparently this just angered the craving gods more. Last week, I open the front door and a neat little package was sitting on our front step. It's from Harry and David and was addressed to the previous homeowners. I gave H&D a call and explain that it was sent to the wrong address and the nice lady tells me to keep the package for myself and they would resend a fresh package to the correct address. Score! I open the package and found a beautiful box of gourmet chocolate... oh geez. Of course, nothing healthy like their famous pears. Nope, chocolates, the rich decadent kind. I swear these things just sit on the counter and taunt me and test the limits of my willpower! I might have to have Dave hide the box from me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment